Our London office, founded in 2004, and situated in the heart of the City of London, provides services to UK and Irish institutions across the regulatory, investment banking, asset management, public and insurance sectors. Our people share a passion to effect positive change into each and every client by leveraging local market knowledge together with expertise stemming from our pan-European footprint.
Information on Data Protection in the Application Process
1. Data Protection at d-fine It is important to us to protect your personal data. Therefore we wish to inform you about the data protection regulations of our company. d-fine* processes your personal data only within the respectively applicable data protection regulations, especially with regard to the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). All d-fine employees are obligated to comply with the data protection regulations, also after termination of the employment with d-fine. In the following we provide information regarding the type, scope and purpose of collection and usage of your personal data in the application process as well as your rights.
2. Controller Controller as defined by the General Data Protection Regulation is the group’s holding company d-fine GmbH, An der Hauptwache 7, 60313 Frankfurt/Main,Germany, phone: +49 69 90737-0, email: info(at)d-fine.de
3. Purpose; legal basis Your personal data which you supply to us in the context of your application is processed by d fine in order to process your application as well as, where applicable, to process your onboarding as an employee. The legal basis for the processing is primarily Article 6 Para. 1 b) and f) GDPR. d-fine guarantees the confidential treatment of your personal data and ensures the protection of your data by suitable organisational and technical measures according to the respectively applicable data protection regulations.
4. Providing of data; Automated decision making There is no legally or contractual binding obligation to provide your personal data. However, in order to take part in the application process and, where applicable, the onboarding process, the provision of your data is necessary in order to compare your qualifications with the requirements of the position or to invite participants for events and, where applicable, to start the onboarding process or the event organisation. No automated decision making, e.g. profiling and automated comparison, is in use.
5. Recipients; Transfer and usage of personal data Access to your personal data is granted to the employees of the human resources department of d fine. Furthermore individually selected employees, managers and executives are granted access in the context of the application process as well as the project staffing process (applicable to consulting applicants only). The access rights to your personal data are provided individually by the human resources department only to the necessary group of people and only for the necessary amount of time. Your data is processed in Germany as well as the country of the position for which you applied. An adequacy decision made by the European Commission concerning the processing of data within the d fine AG (Switzerland) is provided.
All data is stored on the servers of our IT-provider d.vinci HR-Systems GmbH in Hamburg (Germany).
6. Period for which data will be stored; Erasure After termination of the application process your data will be stored for the period of six months. After six months all personal data will be deleted. Provided that you receive a work contract from d-fine, your data will be stored in the recruiting system for two years in order to guarantee a smooth onboarding process and to transfer your data to the HR System (even if your start date is longer than 6 months in the future).
7. Rights of the data subject On request we will inform you about which of your personal data is being stored. Furthermore you may exercise the following rights: Rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, objection to processing, data portability as well as lodging a complaint with a supervisory authority. If you have given explicit consent regarding the processing of your personal data you may withdraw this consent at any time. The legitimacy of the processing before a withdrawal remains unaffected.
8. Cookies The recruiting system stores cookies on your computer in order to facilitate navigation. These are temporary cookies (session cookies) which will be deleted automatically when the browser window is closed.
9. Career Pool In a separate form you can agree to join our Career Pool. When joining the Career Pool you will receive information on events, job offers and other news concerning d-fine. In order to optimize contents, we reserve the right, based on Article 6 para. 1 f) GDPR, to evaluate the success of newsletters in a pseudonymised manner, e.g. by measuring the number of clicks. In the evaluation there is no reference made to any personal data. The admission to the Career Pool requires your separate consent and can be withdrawn at any time. Please address your withdrawal to careersd-fine.de.
10. Digital job interviews and digital events We offer digital job interviews and digital events ("online meetings") via Microsoft Teams. The processing of any personal data, which are considered components in order to use Microsoft Teams, but are not necessary for the recruiting and employment process as of Art. 6 para. 1 b) GDPR, is legally based on Art. 6 para. 1 f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest is in creating online meetings, which are efficient and as close to the face-to-face experience as possible, as well as, if applicable, respect your preference to meet online. Nonetheless, you may also participate in personal interviews on site. The form of the interview has no effect on the result of the application process.
Please note that your provided e-mail address will be used to send you access data for the virtual meeting room in Microsoft Teams. In case of group invitations and depending on the format of the event, it may be possible that your e-mail address is viewed by other participants of the same event in the recipient distribution list.
The scope of data processing when using Microsoft Teams depends on the information you provide before or during participation in an online meeting. The following data may be subject to processing: user information (e.g. display name), meeting metadata (e.g. meeting ID, IP address, date, time), and text, audio and video information you enter during the online meeting. Please note that you can enter your initials instead of your name when participating via the Microsoft Teams App or the web browser. The online meetings will not be recorded. In addition to or in deviation from clause 5, we cannot exclude the option that data may be routed by internet servers outside the EU during online meetings. However, the data is encrypted and thus protected against unauthorised access by third parties.
Please note that the use of the audio and video function is mandatory for digital job interviews in order to communicate and get to know each other in an environment as close to a face-to-face meeting / on site interview as possible.
11. Contact If you have any questions or comments concerning the data protection regulations at d-fine please do not hesitate to contact us. For any questions on the processing of your personal data, your right of access, rectification of inaccurate data, restriction of data processing, data erasure, the withdrawal of consent or any other questions concerning data protection in the application process, please contact: d-fine GmbH, An der Hauptwache 7, 60313 Frankfurt/Main, Phone: +49 69 90737-555, Fax: +49 69 90737-200, email: careersd-fine.de